KidZania London Creates 450 Local Jobs
Today we launched our major recruitment drive as we enter our final stage of development. There are 290 new jobs currently in recruitment, offering full-time, flexible working and part-time opportunities across nine operational departments from team leader to assistant roles, which will complete our workforce of 450 employees.
A sample of the roles available include:
- Admissions – At our replica airport check-in, employees will welcome aboard visitors ensuring they have their boarding passes, passports and security bracelets ready before entering the City.
- Activity Workshops – Unique to KidZania London this team is responsible for empowering and inspiring kids to make their own choices throughout the City. Operating over 60 creative establishments, this role is guaranteed to never see two days play out in the same way - where else could you be the foreman of an Innocent Smoothie Factory, a Renault Pit Lane Technician, a British Airways Pilot and Bank Manager all in one day.
- Entertainment – Responsible for bringing to life KidZania characters ‘RightsZKeepers’ - Urbano, Chika, Vita, Bache and Beebop; partaking in the vibrant street parades and all celebrations around the City, creating an enjoyable and engaging experience for all visitors.
- Retail – Working within one of our restaurants or shops to deliver a personal service.
- Cleaning – Responsible for ensuring that all City streets are clean and presentable at all time.
As part of our commitment to the local community we are working with a number of local organisations to aid those applying for roles, including:
- Workzone at Westfield London – working with Westfield and the local authority with a combined goal of helping and encouraging local people source employment.
- City of London – KidZania London has engaged with City of London to manage its apprenticeship programme.
- City of Westminster – KidZania London has assisted in the design and facilitated a ‘sector base work academy’ to upskill local residents in preparation for KidZania assessments.
- Phoenix High School – Members of the KidZania London team have assisted the high school in delivering preparation interview training to pre-selected pupils to support their KidZania application.
Speaking of the recruitment drive Joel Cadbury, Chairman of KidZania London, said: “Today marks a crucial point in the delivery of KidZania London and we are incredibly proud to create so many jobs in the area. The hard work, passion and enthusiasm that our team has for KidZania will bring our City to life, therefore this search to find talent is our top priority and our key to success.”