Hospital and A&E
It is All Hands On Deck at The Hospital
- Surgery Team
- Paramedic Team
- Maternity Nurse
Help keep KidZanians healthy and safe at the city Hospital. Whether you’re a surgeon performing a life-saving operation or a nurse tending to the newborns there’s always plenty of action! Listen out for the sirens as the paramedic team rush patients to Alder Hey’s A&E; you’ll be an important part of the KidZanian community.
Did You Know?
Alder Hey were the first to:
- test penicillin, saving a child from pneumonia in 1944.
- set up a dedicated surgical unit for new born babies in the UK.
- cure the UK’s most commonly encountered congenital heart defect.
Skin Allergy Notice:
Dummy utensils used in this establishment, contain rubber and latex.
- Respect - for the medical teams as they perform their duties
- Responsibility - taking care with providing the right treatment and healthcare.
- Collaboration - surgeons will need to work together as a team to operate on patients and paramedics will need to rely on each other to assist in emergencies.
- Communication - patients will need to clearly communicate their symptoms and paramedics will inform patients of the treatment they will receive.
- Critical Thinking - through assessing individual cases to find the best option to treat a patient, assist in an emergency or care for a newborn.
- Self-Knowledge - by applying knowledge and procedures to deliver the best care for patients.
Kids will earn kidZos from completing this activity.